Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Introduction

I wanted to have a way for people to be informed about what is happening with the twins.  I figured this was an easy way to keep up for those who want to be informed.  


Little A and Little B are mono zygotic/ mono amniotic twins.  This means that they are identical twins within the same amniotic sac.  These types of twins account for 1% of all identical twins.  Identical twins are not hereditary and the exact cause is unknown.  I think it is from standing in front of the x-ray machine at work and that is why I call them the "X-men."

I always had a hunch that they were boys from the way I see them kick and punch each other at each sonogram.  At this point it is confirmed- they are two boys.  

Last week we did find out that Little B has only one lung.  This condition, unilateral pulmonary agenesis, is also extremely rare.  The good news is you can live with one lung.  Complications can range from minor to major, but we are hoping for the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment