Thursday, August 19, 2010

Visit to St Peters Today

Ah bright and early! 7:30 am appt at St. Peter's.    All mom's parts look good for keeping the babies in.  The doppler shows good blood flow to each of the babies.  They are getting so big.  I couldn't help myself but to say "hi bubbies" and smile when I saw them.  The final results of the amnio came in and they are all normal!

My regular doctor is on vacation so I met with the covering doc.  He is one of the few MD geneticists in NJ.  He feels that although the missing lung most likely does not have anything to do with genetics he would like to investigate the cells collected from the amnio further.  Now they can test for what is called "micro arrays" within the genetic code.  This looks even closer at the chromosomes that what is seen in a normal amnio.  This detects minor additions and subtractions in the genetic code.  My blood was taken as well to analyze whether I am a carrier for genetic problems.

So next visits- Aug 27 at CHOP for doppler to monitor blood flow to babies and amniotic fluid volume
                                        (this will be done every 2wks right now and growth monitored every 3-4 wks)
                       Aug 31 at my general OB for montly checkup

I am working on getting the sonorgram pics up but for some reason it is not loading.  I got plenty of time to figure it out now that my days are dental free!

No comments:

Post a Comment